Join the Program
The Better Connections Program is designed to help employers to meet their duties and responsibilities: by implementing ICT access within their work accommodation, they will be aiding transient workers’ integration into a new country and culture. They will also be helping our nation work towards the Qatar National Vision 2030, which seeks to build a knowledge-based society.
In order to reach out to the large number of workers in Qatar, Reach Out To Asia and the Ministry of Transport and Communications have developed a cascading model where ROTA will train 100 volunteers to become trainers for the digital champions “selected workers from the camps”.
The Better Connections program contains a wide range of activities designed to prepare volunteers for their role. Volunteers who choose to enroll on the program are required to:
- Attend a 1½ day workshop
- Coordinate with construction companies and the Ministry of Transport and Communications for the establishment of computer labs in labor accommodation complexes.
- Select and train a cohort of Digital Champions who are in turn selected workers from the camps on digital skills; the digital champions from each company will be responsible to train the rest of the workers within each camp.
Who can apply?
We are looking for volunteers:
- Aged 18 or above, who are able to speak one or more of the following languages: Hindi, Nepali, Bengali, Sinhala, Tamil, Urdu, Tagalog, in addition to English.
- Have ICT skills and training or coaching experience would be an advantage.
- Provide their own transportation to be eligible for enrollment in the program (for attending trainings sessions and for trips to labor accommodation site).
To join this unique opportunity, please fill in the application form. We will get back to you within a week after you submit the form.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.