Ministry Recognizes “Qatar IT Business Awards 2018” Winners
Doha – Qatar
The Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC) has recognized 14 IT businesses at the fourth edition of the Qatar IT Business Awards following a careful process of screening and assessment from a panel of 11 judges.
The award is one of several MOTC initiatives that support and enhance Qatar’s ICT sector and further improve the quality of services that IT business companies provide.
Held at the St. Regis Hotel Doha today, the event was attended and addressed by HE the Minister of Transport and Communications Jassim Saif Ahmed Al Sulaiti, before an assembly of senior officials.
“We want the Qatar IT business awards platform to grow year after year in a way that raises and enhances the value of local Qatari IT and telecom companies and their ecosystem, thus contributing to the growth of the national economy,” said HE the Minister in his remarks at the event.
He added that the Qatar ICT market was estimated at some $3.9 billion in 2017 and the industry is expected to grow by 2.3% per annum to reach $4.4 billion in 2021.
MOTC executes multiple programs, plans and initiatives according to clear, well-planned strategies, including first and foremost the TASMU Smart Qatar Program and the Qatar Digital Cluster, in addition to investing in the ICT industry to raise its contribution to Qatar’s GDP, which currently stands at 2.7%, said the Minister.
“This year, we doubled the number of award categories to 14, observing our national priorities. Those categories covered new awards aimed at growing some fields that are particularly important to the country,” said MOTC’s Assistant Undersecretary for Digital Society Development Affairs Ms. Reem Al-Mansoori.
Ms. Al-Mansoori added that ICT sector growth “is on track as latest figures from the International Data Corporation (IDC) predict the software market in Qatar to reach some QR 1.550 billion, the IT service market to more than one billion Qatari riyals and the infrastructure market to more than QR 800 million, by 2021.”
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Khalid Abdullah Al Mana, Executive Director of Business Finance Department at Qatar Development Bank (the event Strategic Partner), said: “We are truly honoured, as Qatar Development Bank, to be one of the main sponsors of the Qatar IT Business Awards 2018, which is part of the Bank’s strategy to evolve and build a knowledge-based integrated economy in Qatar through developing and nurturing Qatari entrepreneurs and SMEs to embrace modern ICT tools which will massively impact the nation’s various economic sectors. QDB is committed to invest in Qatari talents through supporting entrepreneurs and SME owners to further develop their projects and contribute effectively to this vital sector domestically and globally.”
This year, 167 applications were received from 93 companies following the opening of the competition last April 11.
…….……………(winners and categories)………....
- Service Provider of the Year is MEEZA (for QPost Solution)
- Systems Integrator of the Year is “Malomatia” (for Digital Transformation Solutions including Digization offerings)
- Best Mobile Application of the Year is “Q Tickets & Events WLL (for Q-Tickets App)
- Cloud Service Provider of the Year is “MaktApp” (for Cloud-Based Software Solutions)
- Tech Startup of the Year is Droobi Health Technology for (Health Application)
- Smart Transport Solution of the Year is Hamad International Airport (for HIA Service Delivery Measurement Solution)
- Smart Logistics Solution of the Year is “Airlift QSTP-LLC (for Automated Delivery Solution)
- Smart Environment Solution of the Year is “Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation” (for Sediments Detection and Water Loss Solution)
- Smart Healthcare Solution of the Year is “Medihealth Solutions Doha” (for At-Home-Doc)
- Smart Sports Solution of the Year is “Aspire Zone Foundation” (for Race Monitoring Platform)
- Best SME Digital Transformation Project of the Year is “Mosafer Travel” (for E-Commerce Adoption and Digital Tools)
- Best eCommerce Solution is “Lusail Media and Marketing W.L.L”
- Innovative Fintech Solution of the Year is “QPAY International WLL” (for Integrated E-Payment Solutions)
- ICT Exporter of the Year is “Meddy” (for Online Doctor Booking Platform beyond Qatar)