Vision and Objectives
Establish and maintain a secure cyberspace to safeguard national interests and preserve the fundamental rights and values of Qatar’s society.
To achieve this vision, Qatar seeks to fulfill the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Safeguard national critical information infrastructure (CII)
- Objective 2: Respond to, resolve, and recover from cyber incidents and attacks through timely information sharing, collaboration, and action
- Objective 3: Establish a legal and regulatory framework to enable a safe and vibrant cyberspace
- Objective 4: Foster a culture of cyber security that promotes safe and appropriate use of cyberspace
- Objective 5: Develop and cultivate national cyber security capabilities
Collectively, these objectives provide the foundation for protecting against and preparing for cyber threats (i.e., a proactive approach to cyber security) as well as detecting, responding to, and recovering from threats and challenges (i.e., reactive cyber security efforts).