10 Qatari Projects Qualify for Phase III of WSIS2021 Prizes
Doha – Qatar
Ten Qatari projects have been nominated to the voting phase of the World Summit on the Information Society Prizes 2021 (WSIS2021) sponsored by the ITU. The voting phase is the pre-final phase ahead of selecting the winning projects in all the categories.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications would like to invite the public and all stakeholders to vote online for the 10 projects via the link: https://www.itu.int/net4/wsis/stocktaking/Prizes/2021/ before the deadline for voting; March 31, 2021. Voters should vote in all categories and for only one project under each category.
The contest has 18 categories. Five projects with the highest number of votes in each of the 18 categories will be identified and referred to final evaluation from a panel of experts from the ITU, who will select one wining project in each
The 10 projects are:
- Theqa - eCommerce Trustmark from the Ministry of Transport and Communications in Category “ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life C7. E-business”
- Minors Relations Management System from the General Authority for Minors Affairs in Category “C10. Ethical dimensions of the Information Society”
- Government Media Analytics Service from the Ministry of Transport and Communications in Category “C9. Media”
- “Nar'aakom” Mobile Application from the Primary Health Care Corporation in Category “C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life; E-Health”
- The National Employment Platform "Kawader" from the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs in Category “C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life; E-Employment”
- Foreign Trade Portal from the Planning and Statistics Authority in Category “C11. International and regional cooperation”
- Tarsheed Summer Camp Website from the Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation “KAHRAMAA” in Category “C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life; E-Environment”
- National Cybersecurity Drill (Star) from the Ministry of Transport and Communications in Category “C5. Building confidence and security in use of ICTs”
- eCourt from the Qatar International Court and Dispute Resolution Centre in Category “C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life; E-Government”
- KAHRAMAA Mobile Phone Application - Employee Section from the Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation “KAHRAMAA” in Category “C7. ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life; E-Employment”
The 5 most voted projects will be selected in each category of the 18 categories of the Prizes, then move to Phase 4 for final evaluation from a jury of experts from the ITU, who will select one winning project in each category.
The WSIS Prizes is the unique global platform to identify and showcase success stories in the implementation of the WSIS 18 Action Lines and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The WSIS Prizes contest was developed in response to requests from the WSIS stakeholders to create an effective mechanism to evaluate projects and activities that leverage the power of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to advance sustainable development.
There will be 18 prizes for each Action Line of the SDGs. The 18 winning projects will be announced and recognized at the WSIS Prize 2021 Ceremony at WSIS Forum 2021 (17 - 21 May).
The WSIS Prizes contest is open for all WSIS stakeholders: governments, businesses, civil society, international organizations, academic institutions and others. It features 18 categories that directly match the WSIS Action Lines.